This delicious apple cake is easy to make and completely sugar-free. Would you rather serve it with sugar-free crème fraîche? Then whip the cream with a mixer and replace the sugar with Zùsto. If you use Zùsto instead of sugar, your fresh cream will be even richer, firmer and more stable.
Preparation time: 15 min.
Ready in: 80 min.
For: 8 people
- 180 g of Zùsto
- 1 extra tablespoon of Zùsto
- 4 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 180 g butter
- 3 apples (Jonagold or Elstar)
- 1 pinch of salt
- a pinch of breadcrumbs/flour
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 155 degrees.
- Peel the apples and cut them into about 12 wedges per apple. Mix the apple pieces with a teaspoon of Zùsto and the cinnamon.
- Slowly melt the butter in a small saucepan or at a low temperature in the microwave.
- Beat the eggs until they are frothy using the highest speed on your mixer or food processor and add the Zùsto a little bit at a time. This step takes about 10 minutes and the mixture should form a ribbon.
- Set the blender or food processor to the lowest setting and add the melted butter in a thin stream. Then immediately turn off the machine.
- Mix it all carefully with a spatula to ensure that the melted butter is fully incorporated.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and gently fold them into the batter in several parts. Add the apple pieces.
- Grease a baking pan with butter and sprinkle with a little breadcrumbs or flour, then pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the cake for 10 minutes at 115 degrees, then for 55–65 minutes at 150 degrees until golden brown.
When you put a cake tester into the cake, does it come out dry? If so, your cake is ready! Remove it from the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes. Then carefully turn out the cake… a delicious apple cake without the sugar. Bon appetit!