Recipe from: CuliPress
A recipe that puts you in a good mood! Delicious, local and healthy.
Light and airy roulade made with organic eggs from our hens, Zùsto, Alpro® Coconut and high quality pastry flour. We filled the roulade with our rhubarb compote made from Zùsto, lime juice and coconut.
For the biscuit
- 120 g quality pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 150 g of Zùsto
- 100 ml Alpro Coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- Optional: 5 ml of Limoncello liqueur
For the filling
- 3 sticks of rhubarb
- 75 g Zùsto
- Juice and zest of one organic lemon
- 1 star anise
- Pot of whole raspberry yoghurt
- Golden jelly with Belgian saffron (Safran de Cotchia)
- Purasana coconut shavings
- sweet edible flowers: elderflower, comfrey
- fresh mint leaves
For the pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- First, make the rhubarb compote.
- Wash and cut the rhubarb into pieces
- Cook with lime juice and 75 g of Zùsto
- While cooking, add the star anise
- Allow to cool and remove the star anise.
- Whisk the organic eggs with the Zùsto until you get a frothy mixture and the Zùsto has completely dissolved.
- Gently fold in the Alpro Coconut.
- Sift the pastry flour with the baking powder over the eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Optional: 5 ml of Limoncello to spice things up.
- Spread the dough evenly on a baking sheet lined with previously greased baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 175°C.
- Remove the baked biscuit from the tin, place it on a clean tea towel and remove the baking paper.
- Spread the rhubarb compote and raspberry yoghurt on the biscuit, add some coconut flakes and roll up carefully.
- Spread the Golden Jelly with saffron on top.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and lime zest.
- Decorate with sweet edible flowers and mint leaves.
I love good food and enjoy sharing my positive experiences on the culinary web through CuliPress.be. The focus is on above-average culinary products/services/brands/events.
These high-quality products must be produced in a sustainable manner and preferably grown locally, which means that the food footprint can be kept to a minimum.
Zùsto is simply an exceptional product which, moreover, is entirely Belgian.