Preheat the oven to 180°C .
Take the butter out of the fridge to allow it to soften.
- Melt the butter (in a bain-marie or briefly in the microwave).
- Beat all the eggs together with the Zùsto in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter in small cubes.
- Sift the flour and add it to the batter bit by bit.
- Add the pinch of salt.
- Mix everything well with a whisk – there should be no lumps in the batter.
- Fill the cake pop moulds 3/4 full.
- Bake the batter for about 15 minutes in an oven at 180°C.
- Check if the cake pops are done by pricking them with a skewer. If there is still wet dough then the cake pops needs to be in the oven a little longer.
Tip: remove the cake pops from the mould to let them cool – that way you get a crispy crust.
For finishing touches
- Bring 100 grams of Zùsto and 50 grams of water to a boil and let it cool.
- After it has cooled you can flavour it with Rum, Kirsch, or a liqueur if you want.
- You can also add a coloured dye.
- Dip the cake pops into the syrup and place in a cool place to drain and dry briefly. If you want, dip them a 2nd time and finish with pistachios
Tip: Take the cake out of the tin to let it cool, so that you get a crispy crust.