Recipe by: Sin (Healthy Food makes you feel good)
A fresh cake with peach slices, blueberries and shredded coconut. This cake is not only a treat for the taste buds, but for the eyes as well.
- 150 g of Zùsto
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 120 g butter
- 100 g blueberries
- 2-3 peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- optional: topping of your choice (grated coconut, flaked almonds, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tin or flan tin with baking paper
- Let the butter melt slowly in a saucepan. Mix the melted butter and the Zùsto in a bowl and add the eggs and the vanilla extract. Mix until the eggs are fully incorporated.
- Add the self-raising flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Stir until smooth and carefully pour the batter into the pie dish.
- Wash the fruit and cut the peaches into thin slices.
- Decorate the cake with blueberries and peach slices
- Do you like your desserts to be sweet? Then sprinkle a little Zùsto over it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes
- After about 20 minutes, insert a cake tester into the cake and, if necessary, cook for another 10 minutes. If the tester comes out dry, the cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool and sprinkle it with shredded coconut and toppings of your choice. Bon appetit!
Annyeong haseyo! Hello!
I’m Sin, a Flemish girl with South Korean origins. I was born within sight of the rice fields and raised on soup and chips in the Westhoek.
I’m a foodie fan, a globetrotter, epicurean, wife, young mum and the face behind the food blog “Healthy food makes you feel good”. During my travels, I’ve been able to discover many beautiful places and taste many different cuisines from around the world. Oriental food is the one closest to my heart, but Flemish classics dishes always evoke a sense of nostalgia. That’s why I love to experiment with different cuisines and bring my own “touch” to them.
As a foodie, I love to eat, much to the detriment, sometimes, of my body and my health! That’s why I’m a fan of healthier alternatives. As well as the fact that Zùsto is a healthier sugar substitute, I love the fact that it allows a 1:1 ratio replacement in any recipe. No more complicated conversions! It couldn’t be easier!
I find that Zùsto has the same taste as ordinary sugar and yet it contains 4 x less calories. More pleasure, less guilt! Besides that, Zùsto is an entirely Belgian product and I’m proud of that! I’m definitely a fan! Are you?
And admit it… the colourful packaging alone makes you want to have a pack of Zùsto in your kitchen!
Zùsto, el buen guesto!