- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Blend the hazelnuts and speculoos in the mixer.(Yes, you should know by now that I love my KitchenAid K400!)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the butter to the hazelnut and speculoos mixture, adding the egg white and salt.
- Lightly grease a pie dish and use the back of a spoon to firmly spread the mixture into your dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the oven
- Zest the lemon and then squeeze out the juice.
- Put the zest and the Zùsto into a food processor and finely blend everything together.
- Add the butter.
- Then add the eggs, one by one, followed by the lemon juice and salt.
- Blend for a little longer and then pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Heat until it starts to thicken.
- Then pour it into your pie dish.
- Cut thin slices of apples with a mandolin.
- Place them in a bowl of water with the juice of half a lemon.
- Microwave for 2 minutes until the slices are soft and pliable.
- Now roll them between your fingers to form bouquets of roses that you will place directly on top of the lemon filling.
- Sprinkle with the coconut.
And that’s all there is to it… elegant and delicious!