- Start with the fresh cream: pour a litre of cream (cold, straight from the fridge) into a bowl. Put a whisk into the cream, add 250 grams of Zùsto and immediately start beating the mixture at high speed. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add them to the mixture. Continue mixing until the cream is firm. Reduce the speed (or work the mixture by hand) until you have a perfect consistency. Do not whip the cream too hard or for too long, otherwise it may turn into butter.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (bain-marie).
- In the meantime, start mixing the egg yolks for about a minute and then add the 125 grams of Zùsto.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Carefully fold the cream into the melted chocolate. Gently fold the egg whites under the chocolate mixture. Divide the chocolate mousse into pretty glass containers. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Tip: decorate the chocolate mousse with fresh (red-coloured) fruit for a complete taste experience.