Preheat the oven to 175°C.
Remove the butter from the refrigerator so it can start to soften.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator several hours in advance so it will soften.
- Beat all the eggs together with the Zùsto in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter in small cubes.
- Sift the flour and add it to the batter little by little.
- Add the pinch of salt.
- Mix everything well with a whisk; there should be no lumps in the batter.
- Grease the baking tin well with butter and dust with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake the mixture for about 40 to 45 minutes in a 180°C oven.
Check if the cake is done by pricking it with a skewer. If there is still wet dough then the cake needs to be in the oven a little longer.
For finishing touches
- Bring 100 grams of Zùsto and 50 grams of water to a boil and let it cool.
- After it has cooled you can flavour it with Rum, Kirsch, or a liqueur if you want.
- Add the green dye.
- Now let it dry and finish with almonds and gold flakes.