For the doughnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the doughnut baking mould with margarine or cooking spray.
- Place the flour, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate and salt together in a mixing bowl and stir. Add the Zùsto and mix again with a spoon.
- In another mixing bowl, place the almond milk, Greek yogurt, sunflower oil, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and keep mixing until you get a smooth batter.
- Put the batter in a piping bag (so you can fill the doughnut moulds more easily). Fill the moulds until they are about 2/3 full (or 60g batter).
- Bake for 10 mins in the preheated oven or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- Firstly, let them cool in the doughnut mould for 5 mins, then carefully remove the doughnuts from the mould (although I did this a little less carefully and just inverted the doughnut mould over my cooling rack). Allow to cool completely.
For the ganache
- When the doughnuts are completely cooled, make the ganache.
- Chop the chocolate into equal, small pieces and put them in a heatproof bowl. Bear in mind that you will also need to dip the doughnuts in the bowl, so make sure the bowl is large enough.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Then pour the hot cream over the chocolate pieces and leave to rest for 1 minute.
- Gently stir the chocolate cream mixture. Keep stirring until the chocolate has completely melted and you get a nice smooth ganache.
- Dip a half of each doughnut into the mixture and place on a plate. If necessary, put them in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.