- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry, leaving the baking paper on the bottom. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the margarine with the almond flour, the vanilla extract and the 3 eggs until you have a smooth batter. Then add the Zùsto and continue mixing.
- Spread the mixture out over the rolled out puff pastry, making sure you lave a margin of about 3 inches from the edges. Place the almond/bean somewhere on the mixture (optional). Cover with the 2nd sheet of puff pastry, turn the edges over and give them a small squeeze together (so that they are pressed firm and do not come loose. You can also use a fork to press the edges closed)
- If you would like to, cut a pattern in the top puff pastry using a sharp knife (make sure you don’t cut all the way through it). Take the last egg and separate off the yolk. Beat and brush the cake with the egg yolk.
- Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.