- Add the vanilla extract to the milk and bring to a boil. When the milk boils, add the rice.
- Put the lid on the pot and simmer for 40 min on low heat. Stir frequently!
- When the rice pudding is ready, add the Zùsto, margarine and salt (mixing well). Allow the rice pudding to cool.
- Split the egg and beat the egg white until it is stiff. Mix the egg yolk into the rice pudding and gently spoon in the beaten egg whites.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the cake tins with margarine. Cut circles (the size of the small cake tins) from the puff pastry and place in the cake tins (about 32 g of puff pastry per tin).
- Fill the moulds with rice pudding (+/- 85g). Bake the cakes in the oven for 25 mins.