For the base
- Grease the springform pan with margarine. Cut the baking paper to size (1 round piece for the base) and 1 long strip for the raised sides. Glue these against the sides and base. This will make it easier to unlatch the springform pan without any cake sticking to the edge.
- Crumble the speculoos cookies in a chopper and place these in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the hard margarine on a low wattage in the microwave and pour the melted margarine over the speculoos cookie crumbs. Mix it all with a wooden spoon.
- Drop it into the springform pan and press it in firmly. Leave it in the fridge while you make the filling.
For the cheesecake
- Pass the juice of the 3 passion fruits through a sieve to remove all the seeds.
- Place all the ingredients (including the passion fruit juice) in a mixing bowl and mix briefly. Pour it all into a saucepan and heat it.
- Add in the Agar-Agar and mix with a whisk while bringing the mixture to a boil. Let it cook for a minimum of 2 minutes (I always let it cook the slightest bit longer, just to be sure).
- Allow the mixture to cool a bit while you do the dishes :).
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator and pour the mixture over the speculoos base. Place it back in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
For the topping
- Pour the juice (+ seeds) of the 6 passion fruits in a saucepan. Squeeze the orange, then add both the orange and its squeezed juice to the passion fruits.
- Add the Agar-Agar and let the juice boil for at least 2 min. Remove from the stove and allow to cool (not too much or it might stiffen). Make sure the juice is no longer hot.
- Take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator and pour the juice over it. Spread it out quickly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Put it back in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.