- Put the oatmeal in a blender and blend into flour. Place the oat flour, pastry flour, Zùsto and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well before adding the next egg.
- When the eggs are thoroughly mixed in, add the margarine, salt and vanilla extract. Mix briefly until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
- Allow the batter to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Follow the user instructions for your waffle iron and heat up the waffle iron. Take 30 g of batter and bake the waffles until golden brown. I measure out 30 g by putting the batter in a separate bowl (I use 2 bowls so I can measure out the right amount of batter into one of them and then spoon it into the waffle iron using a scraper). Be careful when you take the waffles out of your waffle iron!
- Tip: don’t want to weigh out quantities? That’s not a problem, but just make sure that the waffles are not too big. They will break quite easily when you take them out of the waffle iron, so use a fork for this, or even better a waffle fork.
- Leave them to cool on a cooling rack.