- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a round baking tin of +/- 18 cm diameter with some margarine and dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, put the self-rising flour together with the Zùsto and the pinch of salt.
- In another mixing bowl mix the butter until soft. Add the ricotta and continue mixing.
- Add the eggs 1 by 1 and mix after each addition. Add the vanilla extract, the orange juice and the zest of the orange.
- Finally, add the dry ingredients to the ricotta mixture and mix to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake in the oven for +/- 35 min. Check if the cake is baked properly by pricking it once with a cake stick, satay stick or fork. If this comes out clean, then the cake is ready. Don’t worry, the cake won’t dry out easily because of the ricotta.