For the pumpkin spice:
- Put all the spices together in a small bowl and then mix them all together with a spoon.
- Store them in a tightly sealed jar.
For the batter:
- Start making the pumpkin puree: preheat the oven to 200°C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut your pumpkin lengthwise (from the stem down). Place the halves on a baking tray with the convex side up. Bake the pumpkin in the oven for 30 minutes. Afterwards, allow the pumpkin to cool a little and then scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Afterwards, you can scoop out the rest of your pumpkin.
- Place the oatmeal in the blender and grind it into flour.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend to make a smooth batter.
- Heat some vegetable oil or liquid margarine in your pan and fry about 50 ml of batter for each pancake. I find the best way to do this is transfer the batter into a measuring cup and then pour 50 ml into the pan for each pancake.
- Optional: top with salted caramel and/or pecans