- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Pour the milk into a bowl and add the vanilla as well as the cinnamon stick.
- Now very slowly add the Zusto while continuing to stir.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Now add the dessert rice and saffron.
- Leave it all to cook on a very low heat for 35 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes
- Now remove the cinnamon stick.
- Beat the egg yolks and stir into the rice pudding.
- Stir another tablespoon of butter into the rice pudding. This will make the rice pudding creamy.
- Pour the rice pudding into bowls and let them cool.
- Serve with extra fruit (optional).