- Make the milk lukewarm and dissolve the yeast in it. Stir the egg into it as well.
- Add half of the flour to the milk and let it all rest for 10 minutes.
- Now add the rest of the flour and knead for 20 minutes (manually) or 12 minutes on a slow setting in a food processor. When you are halfway through the kneading process you may add the butter, the pinch of salt and the Zùsto.
- Now let the dough sit for half an hour under a clean handcloth.
- Then divide the dough into pieces of about 60 g.
- Form them into balls and let them rest for another 10 minutes.
- Now form these into sandwiches and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Let them rise again under a dry cloth for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Coat the sandwiches with the beaten egg with a brush.
- Bake the sandwiches for 10 minutes in the oven.