Preheat the oven to 180°C .
Take the butter out of the fridge to allow it to soften.
- Weigh all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl: flour, Zùsto, vanilla powder, salt.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Weigh the butter and separate the egg.
- Beat the yolk with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add the diced butter to the dry ingredients.
- Knead the dough well with your hands.
- Add the yolk and water to the dough.
- Knead the dough with your hands into a firm ball.
- The heat from your hands will melt the butter, giving the dough its shape.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and put it in the fridge for 25 minutes
- If the dough goes into the oven cold, the cookies won’t turn out as hard and will have a crispness to them.
- Remove the dough from the foil and flour your work surface.
- To shape the cookies, you can use a cookie cutter or make a cylinder out of the dough and then cut it into 0.5 cm slices. When cutting out the dough, make sure you roll out the dough to a thickness of 0.5cm.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet with 3 cm between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown for 13-15 minutes.