- Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the margarine into small cubes and add them to the flour. Add the Zùsto, the vanilla extract and the egg and start kneading it with your hands.
- When you have a firm ball of dough, wrap it in cling film. Let the dough set for 30 min in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dust the countertop and rolling pin generously with flour. Roll the dough to just under half a centimeter thick. Cut out the shapes and place on the baking sheet. (Using a sharp knife, I cut the eyes and a mouth out in half of the dough shapes. I left the other half as is. Otherwise, the hazelnut spread will later flow all over).
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 min in the preheated oven. When the edges turn golden brown, they’re good.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- On the “full cookies” (without eyes or mouth), spread about 5 g of Zùsto hazelnut spread (stay about half a cm away from the edges), then cover with another cookie from which you did cut out eyes and a mouth.