What could be better than homemade strawberry jam for breakfast? And without the sugar! For a creative touch, add lavender or another aromatic herb of your choice.
Serving advice: serve the jam with scones. Thanks to Zùsto, the jam is sugar-free.
Preparation time: 10 min.
Ready in: 30 min
1 jar of jam
- 500 g strawberries
- 350 g of Zùsto
- 2 grams Agar-Agar
- Lavender or rosemary, finely chopped (optional)
- Place the strawberries and herbs in a saucepan (possibly with a little water, about 25 ml) and bring to a boil.
- Add the Zùsto & the Agar-Agar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the jam into glass jars, close the jars and store them upside down. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Then keep the jam in a cool place.
Note: by adding Zùsto, the jam contains much less sugar than ordinary jam, but it also doesn’t keep for as long.