- Preheat the oven to 150 °C.
- Pour the cream with the milk into a saucepan. Cut the vanilla stick lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Add it to the milk-cream mixture. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and let the mixture infuse and cool for about 15 -20 min.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with a mixer. Add the Zùsto little by little while you keep mixing.
- When the cream/milk mixture has cooled a bit (test with your finger), pour it very gradually into to the egg mixture (make sure it isn’t too hot, otherwise you’ll get scrambled eggs 🙂 ).
- Fill the dishes with the liquid batter (+/- 100 g per pot). Put them on a baking tray and place in the oven for 30-40 min (depending on the quantity and size of your dishes). The cream may still wobble a bit when you take it out.
- Let the dishes cool completely and store in the fridge.
- Just before serving, finish them off with the crispy layer of “sugar-free caramel” :). If you do this ahead of time, the top will no longer be crispy.
- Take some Zùsto on a teaspoon and sprinkle it evenly over the top. Make sure the whole top surface is covered with a thin layer. Using a gas burner, melt the Zùsto until the top caramelizes.