- Combine all the ingredients and knead until you have a cohesive (sticky) mixture.
- Next, roll it up in cling film
- and leave it to harden in the fridge for a few days. (You can store it for a long time. )
Retro pound cake
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir the softened butter into the mixture.
- Mix the flour, Apple Pie spices and Zùsto together and fold into the mixture.
- Lastly, add a pinch of salt.
- You can now move on to constructing the layers in the cake tin.
- Pour a layer of the mixture onto the bottom of your baking tin (I used my small cake tin).
- Add a layer of crumbled speculoos biscuits.
- Add a few dollops of almond paste and some pear chunks.
- Finish with a thick layer of the mixture on top.
- Put the cake in the preheated oven. The cooking time will vary according to the oven and the baking tin used. After some time (25 mins in my case), pierce the centre of the cake with a skewer. If it’s clean when you remove it, your cake’s ready to enjoy!