- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Put the Zusto together with the flour and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, oil, apple sauce and milk and stir until evenly combined.
- Peel the apples and cut into small cubes. Sprinkle the apples with a tablespoon of flour and mix well. This will help ensure that the apples don’t all sink to the bottom.
- Add the apples to the dough and stir them in evenly using a spatula.
- Spread 12 paper muffin cases over your cupcake/muffin tin and divide the dough.
- For the crumble: melt the butter. Put the flour together with the Zùsto and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Add the melted butter and mix to a crumble using your hands or a wooden spoon. Spread the crumble over the dough in the muffin tin.
- Place the muffins in the oven for 28-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean when you insert it into the dough. Allow the muffins to cool in the moulds for a moment, then remove them and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy!