- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Add the egg white to your cooking pot. Add the Zusto slowly while beating the mixture with the whisk (if there are still small lumps at this stage, don’t panic, as this will be fine).
- Now place the egg white mixture on the heat and continue beating it with the whisk. Heat it to 60°C.
- Pour the egg white mixture into a plain bowl.
- Now add the coconut shavings. Gently mix them into the egg white mixture.
- Now add the apple sauce, as well as the seeds of the vanilla pod (or 1 tsp vanilla essence).
- Sift the pastry flour and mix it in under the coconut mixture.
- Now put this mixture into the piping bag.
- Pipe small rocks onto your baking tray.
- Bake them. This will take about 12 minutes (depending on the oven). They are ready when the rocks turn light brown on the outside.