- Wash the strawberries and puree them in a blender.
- Place the pureed strawberries in a saucepan along with the Zùsto. Bring gently to a boil so that the mixture thickens a little and the strawberries fully disintegrate. Allow to cool completely.
- Put the strawberries in a blender and puree them. Gradually add the milk, cream and vanilla extract. Mix briefly until everything is fully blended.
- Place all of the ingredients in an ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your ice cream maker. Run the ice cream for a little less time than the time recommended for your ice cream maker. This is because you will still need to get the ice cream into the mini magnum moulds.
- Spoon the ice cream into the mini magnum moulds (approx. 40 g) and smooth the surface using the back of a knife or a spatula. Place in the freezer for several hours (minimum 2 hours).
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on a low wattage setting and melt for bursts of 30 seconds, stirring the chocolate between each burst. Once the chocolate is almost melted, keep stirring until the last bits have also melted. Pour the chocolate into a tall glass (which will be easier to work with). You’ll still have chocolate left over, but this way it’s easier for working with and your chocolate will also be nice and smooth. Top it off with some freeze-dried strawberries (optional).
- Remove the mini magnums from the freezer and remove them from the moulds. Dip them one by one in the chocolate (hold them upside down for a moment so that the excess chocolate can drip off them) and then place them on a plate covered with baking paper. Place in the freezer again for at least 2 hours.