- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Combine the Zùsto, flour and salt, then add the butter and egg.
- Add the vanilla seeds and Marsala wine to the mixture. Knead with the dough hook of your mixer until the dough is supple.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat the oil to 180 °C.
- Dust your worktop and the dough with flour and roll it out as thinly as possible.
- Cut the dough into approximately 5 cm squares.
- Brush some oil onto the cannoli tubes and wrap the dough squares around them in a diamond shape, so that two corners meet.
- Brush with egg yolk and press to seal.
- Fry the cannoli shells until golden brown and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Slide the cannoli shells off the tubes and fry again if they are not cooked through.
- Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop the pistachio nuts.
- Split the vanilla pods lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Combine the ricotta with the Zùsto, pistachio nuts, orange zest, vanilla seeds and orange blossom water.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag and allow to set in the fridge.
- Fill up each cannoli shell with the mixture and dust with some Zùsto.