- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease the mold with margarine. I intentionally didn’t use paper molds because they look prettier that way.
- Mix the margarine and vanilla extract Add the eggs one at a time as you continue mixing.
- In a separate mixing bowl, place the self-rising baking flour with the Zùsto. Add in the sifted cocoa powder and mix with a spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the margarine/egg mixture and mix. Finally, add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Spoon the batter into the molds – about 20 g per cake. Bake for +/- 10 min in the preheated oven.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 15 min, then invert the mold onto a cooling rack. Let them continue to cool completely before making the topping.
For the topping
- Wash the strawberries and remove the crown. Drain them on paper towels so they are “dry” when you put them on the cakes.
- Whip the cream halfway and meanwhile, spoon by spoon, add the Zùsto as you continue to mix it. Continue beating the cream until whipped.
- Put the whipped cream in a piping bag and cut off the tip. Pipe a generous dollop of whipped cream (+/- 15 g) onto a cake and place a strawberry on top. Pipe another mini tuft on the tip of the strawberry.
- Store in the fridge.